Summer conjures up so many wonderful memories and feelings, especially after winter and spring pass. Why not liven things up on your computer desktop or screensaver with a summer background? Whether memories you’ve made in the summer season, or stock photography or illustrations make up the background, it can get you in the mood to live out summer to it’s fullest.
What comes to mind immediately when you think of the summer months? It might be the trip to the beach or vacationing, perhaps playing outside under the hot sun with friends, or lounging at the pool side having a barbeque party. After the cold winter months and comfortable spring months, you may just be in need of some summer items to get you hyped up and energized to take the outdoors on and make the most of this short, wonderful season.
Here’s a great checklist to have to make sure you’re ready to live each day to its fullest potential:
At the Beach
- Sandals, water shoes or Flip-flops for your footwear
- Beach chairs or beach towels for sitting
- Cooler or Cooler backpack to take beverages and snacks in
- Snorkeling or Surf gear for a little swimming activity
- Sand Toys, water guns, volleyballs or frisbees for sand sport
- Beach balls or sand castle toy tools to get your inner child going
- Beach umbrella, to escape the hot sun rays
- Barbeque Grill, Coal or Propane to get the food made for your party
- Pool Chairs and Hammocks for the guests
- Large coolers for your cold beers, waters and wines
- Inner tubes, pool floats or floatation tubes for lounging and floating in the pool
- Shades to make sure you don’t get blinded by the light
- Swim trunks or bathing suits to make sure you are presentable for the occasion
- Slides to get around the hot concrete or hot ground
- Point and click camera or cellphone to capture those moments after your guests had “one” too many!
Picnics and Hiking Trips
- Picnic baskets or backpacks to hold delicious goodies to nibble on and drink
- Blankets to sit on the ground and spread out your food and beverages on
- Picnic utensils to make sure you don’t eat as a barbarian would (with your hands)
- Games – these can be board games, cards, or games like Jenga to pass the time
- Bluetooth speakers, radio or other form of music (perhaps a guitar and harmonica if you’re musically inclined
- Citronella candles to keep mosquitos away
- Air-tight tupperware and a carrying bag to put away left-overs and avoid pests like ants from ruining the fun
- Sun powered lamps, flashlights, lanterns to make sure you have light if it gets a bit dark
- Thermos for packing soups, bisques or teas – now that is above and beyond!
- Outdoor pillows, blankets or trail chairs to keep comfy and have a place to rest your back
We know there are so many other items associated with summer, and each of us holds special memories of summers past that made us feel free, excited, and unencumbered – and for that there are a whole host of other ways to enjoy the weather and the time off or weekends (depending on your work or school schedule). Even more reason to get a rotation of your favorite summer backgrounds prepared for the few special months of summer?
Take a look at the following images to help get you in the mood or to get inspired, or if you’re in marketing or advertising – consider a solid summer background for projects and promotional material that can resonate with your audience. It’s important to connect past memories with new ones to truly continue the tradition of anticipated and unbridled joy, contained in the few hot summer months by us all. Unless you live in a climate that is like summer almost all year long – then just consider yourself lucky and probably envied by many!
Types of imagery and stock photography, based on Summer Backgrounds you can find above:
- Stock Pictures / Pics
- Royalty-free Vectors
- Illustrations / Cartoons
- Wallpapers / Backgrounds
- Abstract Patterns
- Isolated / Green Screens